Monday 28 November 2011

Gurdjieff and Money - Part II

“There are several aspects of this idea,” said G. “The work of each person may involve expenses, traveling, and so on. If his life is so badly organized that a thousand roubles embarrasses him it would be better for him not to undertake this work. Suppose that, in the course of the year, his work requires him to go to Cairo or some other place. He must have the means to do so. Through our demand we find out whether he is able to work with us or not.

“Besides,” G. continued, “I have far too little spare time to be able to sacrifice it on others without being certain even that it will do them good. I value my time very much because I need it for my own work and because I cannot and, as I said before, do not want to spend it unproductively. There is also another side to this,” said G. “People do not value a thing if they do not pay for it.”1

Thanks everyone, this evenings efforts were to present
an offer that was just about to close.
Apologies if there were any concerns.
Now back to normal transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment